Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Update - IndyGo

Special Weekend Update:

I rode IndyGo downtown Saturday, and there was cute couple on the bus. They got off the bus a few stops before I did. I was going to lunch with a friend, then to a birthday party, then to a festival, all downtown.

Later that afternoon at the festival, I saw the cute couple. She smiled at me, acknowledging our IndyGo ride, and then he said, "Hey, you're the girl from the bus." This happened a few more times that afternoon. I hope being recongized as "the girl from the bus" catches on.

People want to be around other people like themselves. I do. And seeing someone like me, at the same festival, riding the same bus, makes me feel good, makes me feel like it is not that weird that I ride the bus in Indianapolis.

Something a little weird from my weekend ride - I got asked out on the bus.

Food for thought: Mass Transit Public Meeting this Tuesday night at the Central Library. Doors open at 7 p.m. This meeting is to discuss the rapid transit rail from Fishers to downtown. Included in these talks are an upgrade to IndyGo. Feel free to join me there, or read about it on Wednesday in Indy Gets Green.

No comments: