Monday, June 30, 2008

IndyGo, KielyGo and other options

Riding the bus isn’t for everyone. Some people need their cars at work, others don’t live near a bus stop or don’t work near a bus stop. And some people use other green options, such as walking, riding a bike or carpooling.

In the last week I met several people who bike to work. They turn brunch time into crunch time, getting a little workout before the workday. I’d like to encourage wearing helmet.

Carpooling – what a fun option (or not depending on the carpool partners and the driver’s ipod library). Last Friday I rode KielyGo, my friend’s version of IndyGo, much smaller, seats four, doesn’t stop nearly as much and the driver is very cute. Post comments if you are interested.

It was classic, she pulled up to the street corner where I waited, I got in the passenger seat, paid her $1.50 for the ride, and she dropped me off at my door. We had lovely conversation in between. All of that is true with the exception of the $1.50.

If you can’t ride the bus everyday, that doesn’t mean you can’t be green, or at least a little greener. There are several options to help reduce your carbon footprint. For the record, KielyGo is not for hire, and I reserve that mode of transportation.

Please post suggestions and green options in the comments. Good ideas are out there. Let’s share them, or should I say, let’s reuse and recycle them.

3 comments:

Ellie Cummins said...

Hi friends! I am enjoying the blog and unfortunately I work in the suburbs so I can't ride IndyGo. I am looking forward to using it for fun downtown activities soon.

For anyone looking for unique and environmentally friendly home decor items I have found two great sites:
branchhome.com
farmhousewares.com

Ellie Cummins said...

Also... Nichole I am riding the megabus to Chicago on Wednesday, if you like I can blog about my Go Megabus experience :)

Anonymous said...

Kielygo would appreciate you not advertising her relationship status via your blog.... :) She does not want to be victimized...