Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two Weeks Riding IndyGo - Catch Up

To catch everyone up to speed...I've been riding IndyGo, Indianapolis's public transportation system, for two weeks now.



The combination of high gas prices, expensive parking garages, time consuming commutes, going green and saving the environment culminated about two weeks ago. That's when I put my foot down, on the sidewalk not the gas pedal, and got on board. Pun intented.



I told friends, coworkers, my financial advisor, and anyone who would listen, that I was going green and getting on the IndyGo. Most people chuckled, some thought I was crazy, and one even bet me lunch at a downtown steakhouse that I wouldn't last a week. After my first successful IndyGo ride, I emailed everyone about the trip. They wanted to know more, so I kept emailing. The emails were forwarded to other friends and coworkers, and people wanted to know how riding IndyGo was going, so "Indy Gets Green the blog" was born.



In the next few posts, I'll share some of the earlier emails to let you know where I've been, and I hope you'll post feedback, dialog and questions to help me and Indianapolis get where we need to go: green.

No comments: