Sunday, June 22, 2008

Standing Room Only - Gas Prices Crunch

Indy Gets Green wrote:

Two days of Indy Go reporting to include:

Yesterday the bus was packed! Standing room only on the 7 a.m. People are feeling the crunch of the high gas prices, and they are taking a stand. Literally.

Today, several of the 7 a.m. must have picked up the earlier bus because the bus was light, and boy did they miss out. We rode a brand new bus today, and I think it ran on soy or corn or something else we eat/turn into fuel.

Also, I sat in the back on the elevated seats, and now I know what you all feel like in those SUVs. Great views.

One last tip - I picked up a reusable Starbucks cup this weekend. Now I can reduce, reuse, and recycle with my coffee. I strongly recommend it, and I applaud one of you, you know who you are, for already being on board. Yes, pun intended in reference to the bus.

Take care, save the environment, more to come.


My friends wrote:

You’re hilarious. Thanks for including me on the bus blog

I love the chronicles of Indy Gone . . . you busers are a real cult following! Are you starting to recognize regulars yet?

Indy Gets Green is so ahead of her time!! :) This was in my Indy Star Fresh Start today
IndyGo promotes itself, carpooling as gas risesWith gas prices over $4.08 a gallon, IndyGo will hold a "Dump the Pump" promotion today to encourage drivers to take the bus. The event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Indianapolis City Market will feature bus pass giveaways, sign-up opportunities for carpooling to work, and information on how car emissions affect air quality.
Way to go Indy Gets Green!
Reusable Starbucks Iced Bev Cup Day 2 was great, I highly encourage you to buy one if you enjoy iced coffees and teas, besides being the green choice, it keeps drinks colder longer and does not "sweat" on the outside of the cup. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: