Monday, July 7, 2008

"Too Much Stuff" Lady on IndyGo

For the ride home today, the bus was more than 15 minutes late. I understand 15 is not that long of a wait, and at the same time, 15 minutes can seem like an eternity when standing, waiting, watching for a bus to appear. I could have really used the map and bus tracker system today.

I talked to one lady about aerobics, pilates and yoga for about 20 minutes today, 10 at the stop, 10 on the bus. She was going to be late for her class, or possibly on time if she didn’t stop by her house to get her workout mat. She said she really didn’t want to use one of the community mats at the workout center. I don’t blame her.

Today, “Too much stuff” lady dropped her cell phone two times, spilled her purse one time, dropped her empty cup and spilled the last few drops of coffee on her leg, accidentally hit the man in front of her with her purse strap, rose to let the inside rider exit, and fell forward two rows of seats, and tried to answer a cell phone call while juggling all her stuff. Embarrassing enough – I am “too much stuff” lady. I was the most entertaining person on the bus today, and I hope I made the other riders laugh a little.

No comments: