Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Nun, a Mullet and a Bachelor on IndyGo

I saw a sister at the bus stop today. Not my sister, not a “hey sista.” A “how do you solve a problem like Maria” sister. A little nun in full habit black and white gear was at my bus stop. Then a guy with a mullet, gold chain and a “joutfit” started talking to her.

Bus was about 15 minutes late again. And now we are speeding, or at least it feels like we are. I must admit I am not in view of the odometer.

A few stops after mine, an Indy version of “The Bachelorette” runner up Jason and his three-old-son Ty got on the bus. He looked just like realty TV Jason and his cutie son from the ABC show. He told the bus driver he worked in the Key Bank building. He didn’t say where little Ty was all day.

A man just sneezed and the driver announced “bless you” over the intercom. People inside and outside the bus can hear the intercom. This was very funny. The “polo and shorts” guy in front of me and I laughed out loud. I don’t think other riders even noticed.

Unlike this morning’s ride, the air conditioning is on. My vote is always for air conditioning, not windows, and the emergency exit overhead open.

Indy’s version of Jason just moved from the front of the bus, where the seats are lower, to the back of the bus, so Ty could sit up high and see out the window. Ty is super excited about the buildings, and the cars, and anything he sees out the window. He keeps laughing in a little kid laugh. He has a cute Disney Cars backpack, too.

Ty is so confused as to why the bus keeps stopping and why people keep getting off. It is really cute. Jason explained that the bus driver stops when the people pull the cord. Then the people get off IndyGo. Ty decided he should wave and say good bye to everyone as they got off the bus. I smiled at them, and commented that Ty made the bus ride fun. Jason said he is very proud to be Ty’s dad because he makes a lot of people smile.

I think this may have been my favorite bus ride so far.

No comments: