Tuesday, July 15, 2008

IndyGo Networking - Green Working

I missed the bus this morning. I felt like a little kid who missed the school bus, except I get a second chance in about 25 – 30 minutes, because another IndyGo makes the route.

So I walked to Starbucks for a caffeinated attitude adjustment, and as I walked out reviewing the route schedule, a lady asked me if I was waiting for the bus. Yes, I said. She told me she just started taking the bus again and didn’t know if she had time to get coffee or exactly where the bus stop was located. I told her she had time, and the bus stop was under the light post.

We reconvened at the bus stop, shared some IndyGo improvement thoughts, and she agreed the online bus tracker would be a great improvement. I encouraged her write IndyGo, and she told me to do the same, and then we started talking about Indianapolis, improvements, ways to be involved, etc. Networking while reducing my carbon footprint - and a new term is coined – “green working.” Kind of like social networking, but networking while saving the environment. It’s a stretch I know, but we’ll see if it catches on.

So a missed bus turned into a networking opportunity. You never know who you might meet…

No comments: