Friday, July 25, 2008

Hiking on IndyGo, and the Double 8

I like to read Indystar.com on my phone on the way to work. Just as I reached for my cell, getting ready to log on to Indy Star and ready the city’s top headlines, I stopped in my tracks (not really, we stopped at the bus stop).

A young man boarded the IndyGo with more luggage than I’ve ever seen. The airline companies would have had a field day of charges with this guy. Not only did he have an extremely large hiking roll backpack strapped to him, he carried a black and tan regular backpack, a black reusable grocery sack, red rolling luggage and a guitar. He arranged his traveling gear for a few minutes, hiked up his cargo shorts (yes pun intended), and finally sat down. I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He told a young lady next to him that he was in Indianapolis for about a month, then headed to Vancouver Island on the west coast.
She said she’d never been. He said its beautiful this time of year.

Another man, not nearly as interesting, sat across from him with a plastic grocery bag filled with napkins and toilet paper from the Double 8.

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

No comments: