Tuesday, July 29, 2008

IndyGo: The bus is like a bar

The bus is like a bar. I’ve witnessed bus-bar similarities repeatedly, and I am confident “the bus is like a bar” will be a reoccurring theme on Indy Gets Green.

Today’s “the bus is like a bar” observation: The pass back is back. That’s right, not just for underage bar goers anymore, the pass back is alive and well on IndyGo.

However, IndyGo’s system is much more efficient that the bouncers of the bar. Instead of the bouncer wondering if he just ID’d you or your twin sister, the IndyGo card reader announces pass back on the screen. Stops the offender on the spot.

I wish I had a great pass back story for the blog, like a slick pass back taking place around 54th Street, but I don’t. I just swiped my card twice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So the pass back is illegal on the IndyGo? In Chicago, it is completely legal and often considered a good deed. I have purchased bus fare for a homeless man and a co-worker who forgot his card. You might say it's similar to buying a drink for a stranger across the bar....

Indy Gets Green said...

I wonder if the pass back could lead to the "bus crush"...more to come.