Friday, August 1, 2008

IndyGo Hillbilly Budhists

I board IndyGo (one of the plant fuel-running eco-versions) and realize the air is on, point IndyGo, but it is not cold, minus IndyGo. I am flustered. I am hot, sweaty, my smooth straighten hair is turning frizzy and flat.

Then my professional dancer friend, no not that kind of professional dancer, boards IndyGo. He agrees it’s humid, and then explains to me that I need to meditate and “ohm.” The expression on my face doesn’t look like an “ohm.” I do, however, feel as if I’m in hot yoga.

Then he said, “It’s kind of like Hillbilly Budhism.” At that point, my mean face breaks, and I chill out. Pun intended.

2 comments:

Ellie Cummins said...

Sounds like Mr. Professional Dancer and I would get along well :) I think for Indy Green's sake you need to embrace pony tail holders and breathable fabrics. I hope the megabus has air though!

Stamps Donkerbrook said...

Now, I have to intervene as your bus friend. You think it's bad now but you have yet to wait at the bus stop when it is 7 degrees out. That is truly more a "hill-billy" Nepalese sher pa experience. Those moments are when I feel like I should have a canteen filled with goat milk and an oxygen tank attached to my back.