Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sagging Pants, IndyGo Dress Code

School’s back in session and students are riding IndyGo. One would think they would ride the yellow buses, which pass the IndyGo regularly, but there are students on my bus. A cute young lady who attends Herron High School boarded the bus today in khaki pants, red shirt and red sweater. I love the new dress code. Students look professional, yet youthful.

Then a young man boarded IndyGo, and I thought he should be on the way to school, but his lack of dress code told me otherwise. Black hat with a map of Atlanta highways (this could be a whole blog entry itself), bill straight with the shiny, round sticker on it. I know that I don’t know about hat fashion; however, I don’t understand why the shiny, round sticker stays on the hat. When I buy new clothes, I remove the stickers and tags before wearing in public.

If someone knows about this shiny, round sticker on the bill of the hat fashion statement, please explain. And he wore black jeans, not just low rise, but sagging to mid thigh. And there was a belt on these sagging pants. Again, not an expert on the fashion “the kids are wearing” these days, but sagging seems dated. Maybe I’m dated.

No comments: