Monday, September 8, 2008

Break from the Bus, Get Up Here

On my break from the bus last week, I took many alternate forms of transportation. In Chicago, I rode the Elevated Train, known as the “el.” One of my fellow passengers, yelled out the window, yelled at other passengers and yelled at Cubs fans for about five stops. He didn’t make any sense. We tried not to laugh at him, more laugh with him.

Then he realized his stop was approaching. He jumped out of the seat with excitement, hunched over, yelled, “Get up here!” reached around to the back of his pants, grabbed his BVDs and his belt and dramatically hoisted them up wedgie-style.

Cheers to the CTA bus tracking system. Jeers to the crazy el rider.

2 comments:

Richard Templeton said...

what about CNG vehicles? are there CNG filling stations in Indy and Chicago? or should I get a SmartCar?

Indy Gets Green said...

I think you should get a Smart Car because I would enjoy a "Tall Man in a Little Car."

For anyone wondering what a CNG vehicle is check out http://www.hybridcars.com/compressed-natural-gas/overview.htm.